I am sorry if this question is obvious but I am quite lost at the moment and could not find any helpful guide on this subject:
For my research project I'd like to setup KC705 +FMCOMMS1 system that communicates with matlab, and found that the iio server would be a possible candidate for this.
So, I studies the guides, (1. ADI REFERENCE DESIGNS HDL USER GUIDE, 2.AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ QUICK START GUIDE ON XILINX FPGA BOARDS WITHOUT OS, 3.AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ KC705 QUICK START GUIDE) which worked ok by themselves.
but I feel kind of lost here...
My questions are :
1. Is there any guide to follow for setting it up for the iio command server?
2. How to compile and run the source code for the iio command server from gitHub at link (IIO Command Server [Analog Devices Wiki])
3. Is the microblaze ELF image from the above gude (#1) enough for this job?
4. Is the precompiled image(kc705_fmcomms1_2014_R2_PRE.zip) on AD-FMCOMMS1-EBZ KC705 Quick Start Guide [Analog Devices Wiki] enough for this job?
4. OR, do I need to compile a new microblaze kernel ? if yes, is the guide(LINUX ON THE XILINX KC705 KINTEX™-7 FPGA DEVELOPMENT BOARD) good to start with?
Sorry for too many questions, but any helpful comments are welcome.
Thanks, and happy new year.