AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Internal SRAM in BF538F

Question asked by ANANDSM on Dec 31, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 by ANANDSM

Hi

I am using BF538F in my custom board.

I have imported the AD9361 No OS drivers in to my project and I don't want to use my external SDRAM, instead I want to use the complete available 64kB internal SRAM. Whenever I disable the Use External SDRAM in system.svc, I am getting the error attached.

I tried playing around the values in system.svc but the problem in persistant except when I enable the Use External SDRAM.

When I enable the instruction cache and data cache in the system.svc, I am getting following error.

Target halted due to software breakpoint but no breakpoint found at address: 0x00c660

Possible reasons are:

1.An embedded breakpoint (EMUEXCPT instruction) in the code

2.A breakpoint is placed at the last instruction of a do() loop

Also I have attached linker log file and snaps the settings in startup and ldf tab of CCES 1.1.0

One of strange behavior what I am observing when I enable Use external SDRAM and debug is, execution of all the statements within ad9361_reset(), ad9361_hdl_loopback(), ad9361_bist_loopback(), ad9361_bist_prbs() function one after the other as I press F10 key on the keyboard. the execution does not check if/else, all cases are executed in switch statement. if I monitor in dessembly window, the NOP ; is specified for all the addresses!. I cleaned the project and rebuilt the project several time but no improvements.  Once I execute return ad9361_spi_write(phy->spi, REG_BIST_CONFIG, reg); statement in ad9361_bist_prbs() function, there is exeception as shown below

A fatal error or exception has occurred.

Description:   An instruction CPLB miss has occurred without a corresponding CPLB entry.

General Type:  RunTimeError

Specific Type: ICPLBMissWithoutReplacement

General Code:  0x8

Specific Code: 0x321

Error Value:   0x02000000

Error PC:      0x02000000

where PC is pointing to 0x02000000 which is the location on external SDRAM which is not present in my board.

I can see the things happening but not getting what action I have to take.

For any more information please feel free to ask.

Please could any one let me know how to resolve this. Currently SDRAM is not mounted on my board.

Thanks for the support in advance

Regards

Anand M

Attachments

Outcomes