AnsweredAssumed Answered

libglib2 on Blackfin using uClinux (buildroot 2014R1)

Question asked by TSc on Dec 17, 2014

I am trying to get GStreamer working on Blackfin BF561 using buildroot 2014R1 from ADI. Built of GStreamer and GLib2 was ok after adding as_cv_unaligned_access in gstreamer1.mk for bfin, but running some test aplications (like gst-launch or gst-inspect) gives me critical errors:

GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_notify_queue_thaw: assertion `nqueue->freeze_count > 0' failed

This is not directly related to GStreamer but to GLib2, so I actiaved build of GLib2 test application by removing the line "LIBGLIB2_CONF_OPTS += --disable-modular-tests" from libglib2.mk. Afterwards I did run some Glib2-based tests (e.g. output/build/libglib2-2.36.3/gobject/tests/binding) and they do confirm my problem:

root:/mnt> ./binding binding_default
/binding/default:
(./binding:412): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_notify_queue_thaw: assertion `nqueue->freeze_count > 0' failed
TRAP
root:/mnt>

So I wanted to ask if someone has been able to run Glib2 and perhaps even GStreamer on Blackfin successful so far? GStreamer community tells me I should try another libc, but this seems to be quite a hard way as it would mean I have to exchange the whole toolchain...

Outcomes