AnsweredAssumed Answered

FMCOMMS3 HDL Reference Design Vivado error messages

Question asked by notme on Nov 3, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by notme

Hi,

I want to interface a zedboard with a FMCOMMS3 board using a baremetal no OS design.  I am using Vivado.

I am using the latest version of 2014_hdl_r1 github analogdevicesinc/hdl hardware reference design and following the instructions on http://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/docs/hdl and have reached some error messages I am not sure how to get past.

I first compiled all the library files.  All of them succeeded except for axi_i2s_adi_ip.tcl.  I recompiled it with no changes, and it compiled successfully.

I changed directories to projects/fmcomms2/zed and ran "source ./system_project.tcl"

I got an error message that processingsystem7:5.3 does not exist.  I changed the processing system to version 5.5 line 46 of projects/common/zed/zed_system_bcd.tcl

I compiled it again, and reached this error message triggered by line 63 of projects/common/zed/zed_system_bcd.tcl

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3461] Value 'IIC_MAIN' is out of the range for parameter 'IIC Board Interface(IIC_BOARD_INTERFACE)' for BD Cell '/axi_iic_main' . Valid values are - Custom

INFO: [IP_Flow 19-3438] Customization errors found on '/axi_iic_main'. Restoring to previous valid configuration.

INFO: [Common 17-17] undo 'set_property'

ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'set_property' failed due to earlier errors.

while executing

"rdi::add_properties -dict {CONFIG.USE_BOARD_FLOW true CONFIG.IIC_BOARD_INTERFACE IIC_MAIN} /axi_iic_main"

invoked from within

"set_property -dict [list CONFIG.USE_BOARD_FLOW {true} CONFIG.IIC_BOARD_INTERFACE {IIC_MAIN}] $axi_iic_main"

(file "../../../projects/common/zed/zed_system_bd.tcl" line 63)

while executing

"source $ad_hdl_dir/projects/common/zed/zed_system_bd.tcl"

(file "system_bd.tcl" line 2)

while executing

"source system_bd.tcl"

(procedure "adi_project_create" line 94)

invoked from within

"adi_project_create fmcomms2_zed"

(file "./system_project.tcl" line 7)

Am I using the correct reference files?  Am I missing a step?  Do you have any advice on fixing this error or what documentation I should consult?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes