AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361: General No-Os API Question

Question asked by labianco on Oct 23, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 by DragosB

So my understanding is that AD has w sets of drivers: 1 that runs a Linux OS for ease of development and is designed for implementation of a few specific Xilinx platforms; and another that has no operating system (referred to as No-Os) that can be used to drive the device when no operating system is desired (custom fpga designs for use in the field).

So I guess I am pretty confused about the functionality/implementation of the No-Os API drivers.  Icannot seem to figure out when/where the No-OS API can be used...which leads me to this list of questions.

1. If I would like to use it in a Xilinx Microblaze, is that possible?

2. Can I use it in any Xilinx FPGA that contains a Microblaze or is it limited to the list of Xilinx Platforms on the No-Os wiki page?

3. Are there instructions anywhere on how to design the microblaze hw platform to use the drivers (and I am not talking about the AD9361 No-OS Software [Analog Devices Wiki] --> it does not explain how to design a HW platform for arbitrary Microblaze designs)?

4. If my goal is to use this chip in a custom fpga board design, should my goal be use to an FPGA that is currently supported or can I base my design around any FPGA?

5. Attached is the software that I have downloaded to use in a Microblaze based implementation...do I have the right stuff?

Thanks for the help...I am clearly confused!

Attachments

Outcomes