Hi ADV761x RX support team,
Customer reports having 3 different Blu-ray players that all
* won't pass video into their capture system, or through a latest-firmware EVAL-ADV7619-7511 board, or through some older-firmware EVAL-ADV7612-7511 board, but
* have no problem when connecting straight to the test Sink TV rather than first passing through an ADI eval
* indicate no anomalies when plugged straight into a QD test generator
For 2 of the Blu-rays I have model numbers. I'm told the behavior is similar for them, but I have DDC bus captures and eval board logs for just one of them, and a further DDC bus capture for the ADV7619 when it's working with another player.
Model numbers of 2 of the 3 problem Blu-rays, along with mfr. product page hyperlinks:
* Samsung BD-H5100 - Samsung Blu-ray Player BD-H5100 | Blu-ray & DVD Players
* Panasonic DMP-BDT210 - Panasonic DMP-BDT210
Perhaps complicating the matter is that the latest ADV7619 firmware posted (see EZ eval board page) is >2 years old, rev 1.6. But I think both Blu-rays are older - the Panasonic is from early 2011. So I would expect we would've caught it in some interop testing or customer-reported issue.
Please review the eval board log and DDC bus captures and advise.
This issue is urgent, threatening a product shipment in December.
Adding just a few customer comments here:
"The one thing that stands out to me in these two log files is that the Samsung player is only allowing about 200ms between writing its key to the ADV sink and reading back the computed Ri. This should be fine as the HDCP spec says 100ms is good. But one LG player that works is allowing a couple of seconds between those events.
Can you confirm that the ADV HDCP engine is good with down to 100ms between the placement of the source's KSV and the computation of Ri?
Is there microcode in the devices that can be patched?"