AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a simple I2S path through an ADUA144X eval board

Question asked by jdowd on Oct 14, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 by JohnTo

I'm really in need of some help here. I'm using the Sigma Studio s/w to create a simple digital audio path through the ADUA144X eval board.

I need to generate a tone (on my board I have a 440Hz tone) being transmitted off of the board to a target. That target is just copying the data from the I2S Rx side to the Tx side and reflecting it back to the ADAU board which is to put it out an audio jack on the board so I can verify the audio by listening to it via a set of ear phones.

I've attached my project file to this message. What I'm hoping to have happen is that the tone is sent out on the same I2S channel as is coming in. My I2S channel is configured as slave 16-bit, Stereo on channel 6 with a sample rate of 32KHz. Therefore the returned data should be heard by connecting to jack J11. I do hear the generated tone on J4 which is what I expected for the on-board setup.

My oscilloscope tells me that the data coming into my I2S channel from the ADAU board is actually clocking at 44.1KHz. Also, I have no output or rather it's just a DC output.

Cheers!!

Attachments

Outcomes