AnsweredAssumed Answered

Off Chip Delay (External Port)

Question asked by bill on Sep 19, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2018 by 江湖中已没了哥

We use SigmaStudio extensively with SigmaDSP's but now would like to use the Sharc to allow us to have access to much longer audio delay's. We have a 21369 EZ-Kit and have followed the provided SigmaStudio for Sharc documentation to run simple schematics to transmit test tones off the board via the RCA connectors. The readback functions appear to be working because I can see activity on the level meters and the Get MIPS, GET Version and Read Memory functions work.

After adding the SHARC Audio Toolbox i was trying to work with the Off Chip Delay (External Port). I created a simple schematic (attached), downloaded and I get a large error window (below).

My goal really is to just have a plug in I can use that has a variable max. delay of 1000ms. I'm not familiar with Cross Core but I'm sure I can figure out how to navigate around if that's what I have to do. All other audio functions I need are in the basic sigma studio blocks.

1. How do I eliminate this error
  2. Can this OffChipDelay plug in be easily modified to increase the delay
  3. Do you have any examples using variable delay (doesn't have to be off chip) I can use for reference
  4. My design will require that I be able to delay up to 16 channels 1000ms each. If I use the EZKIT hardware reference design for my design can these kinds of channel delays be realized? Will I required more off chip memory.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Outcomes