I am currently debugging a BF535 application which does not always behave as desired:
- when started from Visual DSP++ using the JTAG emulator (HPUSB-ICE), it works normally,
- when booted from the flash (DSM2150, custom 2nd boot loader), is a hit-and-miss,
- when the application crashes, it remains stuck within DIF_WAIT (belongs to the BTC library).
To find out where it crashes, I do the following:
- power on the DSP,
- if the DSP correctly starts (external watchdog triggered), then power off and repeat from power on.
- at this stage the DSP code has crashed:
- connect the emulator ("do not disturb" mode),
- halt the DSP and load the symbols from DXE.
Every time the DSP code does not start, it remains within DIF_WAIT, waiting for a specific value at address 0xFFE0_5008.
The "I'm alive" signal - external watchdog trigger - is changed for the very first time after all VDK threads are up and running.
Visual DSP++ 5.0, Update 10.1,
Update: I made a build without BTC and tried to reproduce the error for one hour without success.