AnsweredAssumed Answered

changing AD9361 AGC registers from Linux / userspace

Question asked by njp on Sep 11, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 by mhennerich

I'm trying to change AGC parameters such as "adi,agc-outer-thresh-high", "adi,agc-outer-thresh-low", etc from a C userspace program.  I've successfully changed them by modifying the devicetree, but I'd like to change them on the fly.

In /sys/kernel/debug/iio/device/*, all of the parameters are there, but doing an echo of a value to these parameters does not seem to change the underlying RFIC register (as checked with reading direct_reg_access).  Similarly, doing a "write_sysfs_int" from iio_utils.h does not change the registers.  The code below has no effect (note that ad9361-phy is iio:device0 in my setup):

set_debugfs_paths(ad9361-phy);

write_sysfs_int("adi,mgc-rx1-ctrl-inp-enable", "/sys/kernel/debug/iio/iio:device0", 0);

write_sysfs_int("adi,agc-outer-thresh-high", "/sys/kernel/debug/iio/iio:device0", 5);

write_sysfs_int("adi,agc-outer-thresh-high-dec-steps", "/sys/kernel/debug/iio/iio:device0", 2);

I know it's possible to do this since it's done in the iio-oscilloscope advanced mode.  I tried to study the iio-oscilloscope source but couldn't find what else I need to be doing.

Please advise on how it would be possible to change these.  I of course could get out the register map and bit-bang the correct bits, but I've been spoiled by the IIO drivers .  I would prefer to not have to use libiio.

Thanks!

Outcomes