AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crosscompiling GnuRadio for ZedBoard+FMCOMMS2

Question asked by Seb@Airbus on Sep 3, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 by Seb@Airbus

Hello,

after discussing this matter during the webinar Software-Defined Radio (SDR): rapid system developing, prototyping and integration,

i tried to cross-compile GnuRadio for the ZedBoard + FMCOMMS2 (on board compilation was VERY long and eventually failed, and i tried Balister's OpenEmbedded tutorial but the targeted Linux is not the same as analog's).

The cleanest way to do this seems to be CROSSCOMPILATION through Cmake + custom toolchain

The FPGA and Zynq are loaded with the AD design containing the drivers for the AD9361 (zynq-zed-adv7511-ad9361) and the GnuRadio sources are taken from the AnalogDevices Github

So far I have not been able to cross-compile ... Here are the steps i followed :

[On the board] Build dependencies: http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/UbuntuInstall#Precise-Pangolin-1204

[On the computer] Launch cmake with the following toolchain:

SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)

SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION 1)

SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER    /opt/Xilinx/SDK/2013.4/gnu/arm/lin/bin/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-gcc)

SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER  /opt/Xilinx/SDK/2013.4/gnu/arm/lin/bin/arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi-g++)

SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH  /mnt/zedboard/ )

SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)

SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)

SET(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)

The cmake output shows that some module were not found and eventually gnuradion companion is one of the disabled components. (full log hereattached). And for the active components the install fails later

I was told during the webinar that GnuRadio could be crosscompiled for Analog's Zedboard design, do you have a description of how to achieve that, or could you tell me if any specific steps are to be added to what i did ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Sébastien

Attachments

Outcomes