The main issue was the STDI_DVALID_CHx can’t be asserted for background measurement when input was SOG/SOY signals. Below is the example I checked on ADV7850+ADV8005 EVB.
- Input source: VGA_SOG and Component YPbPr
- Component as primary input and VGA_SOG as background for measurement
- Input pins connection:
- VGA: RGB à Ain1, Ain2, Ain3; HS à HS_IN1; VS à VS_IN1; SOG à SYNC1
- Component: YPbPr à Ain4, Ain5, Ain6; SOY à SYNC2
- Run script “4-2 720p YPbPr in 444 out through HDMI” can get correct output video
- The script above sets SYNC_CH2 as first priority, so SYNC_CH1 is used for VGA measurement
- Set “EMB_SYNC_1_SEL_MAN” to 1’b00 (sync pin 1)
- Set “SYN_SRC_CH1” to 1’b11 (for embedded sync)
- Set “CH1_EMB_SYNC_SEL” to 1’b01 (emb_sync_sel1)
After the settings above we can’t get “STDI_DVALID_CH1” set. We have confirmed the VGA signal is correct by running VGA script and can get correct output video. We also tried to change the signal format from VGA_SOG to VGA_HV(separate sync) and change “SYN_SRC_CH1” to 1’b01 (for separate sync) then “STDI_DVALID_CH1” can be set.
Can someone have a try to see what’s problem in the configurations, thanks.