AnsweredAssumed Answered

Discrimination, BPM and SPL for ADAU1761

Question asked by ab-paul on Aug 13, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 17, 2014 by KJBob

Hi All,

I'm working on a solution with the ADAU1761 in which I want to repurpose it to do three distinct things. First I want to do some basic music vs. other ambient noise discrimination (doesn't have to be perfect given the next item). Then using the music portion I want to determine the approximate current BPM of the playing music. Lastly I want to get a generally good (at least consistent) approximation of dBA.

I know the ADAU1761 should be powerful enough to do at least some approximations of these three things given threads like https://ez.analog.com/message/86908 about noise discrimination.

I've been going down the path of custom coding this (I have the ADAU1761 added into my current prototype boards, with two mems microphones as input), but I was wondering if this community had any suggestions of short cuts within the SigmaStudio visual code that I might be able to utilize.

I'm also open to suggestions about positioning of the mics for this I have about 4 linear inches to work with in my current design and the mics could be rotated up to 90 degrees off plane.

Thanks for all your help.

Outcomes