AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADV7181C - Output Data Format

Question asked by mbp14 on Aug 13, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2014 by GuenterL

Hi,

We are using the quad video decoder ADV7181C for four camera inputs decoding and switching.

Decoder Inputs

Input 1 = Non-standard resolution RS170 Camera

Input 2, 3, 4 = Standard NTSC / PAL Cameras

Decoder Output Format

DDR 8 bit-wide 4:2:2 YCbCr mode (this is how it is physically connected on our circuit board)

I believe we need to use the Component Processor (CP) inside ADV7181C for the non-standard resolution camera while the NTSC / PAL camera inputs can be automatically detected by the SDP core inside ADV7181C. According to the datasheet, the pixel data output format for the decoder is as follows:

SDP PIXEL DATA OUTPUT MODES

The SDP pixel data output modes are the following:

• 8-/10-bit ITU-R BT.656 4:2:2 YCrCb with embedded time codes and/or HS, VS, and FIELD

• 16-/20-bit YCrCb with embedded time codes and/or HS, VS, and FIELD

CP PIXEL DATA OUTPUT MODES

CP pixel data output modes include single data rate (SDR) and double data rate (DDR) as follows:

• SDR 8-/10-bit 4:2:2 YCrCb for 525i, 625i

• SDR 16-/20-bit 4:2:2 YCrCb for all standards

• DDR 8-/10-bit 4:2:2 YCrCb for all standards

As mentioned earlier, we are interfacing the decoder as DDR 8 bit-wide 4:2:2 YCbCr mode. I know this mode will work with the CP core when we have Camera 1 input (with non-standard resolution). My question is what happens when switch to an NTSC/PAL camera? Won't the decoder use the SDP core and then will the output format still be DDR or will it change to SDR? I want to make I have proper logic implemented in the FPGA to the capture incoming data.

Thanks for your help!

Outcomes