AnsweredAssumed Answered

Questions about HMC860, HMC976, HMC1060

Question asked by LucaV Employee on Aug 11, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 by DonY

Hi,

I will be adding these parts to the ADIsimPower Linear Regulator design tool, I have some questions about these parts:

HMC860:

Can I short RDx to VRx to get 1.2V output? The datasheet says Vout 2.5V to 5.2V, is this because it's been tested only in this range or is it because of stability due to the loop gain?

Is there an input UVLO at around 2.5V?

I see the resistor values TempCO is specified but what about their accuracy? (not just the ratio accuracy but each resistor accuracy)

Integrated noise is specified from 100Hz to 100KHz at 3.05V. Do you have measured integrated noise specs from 10Hz to 100KHz? what about at other voltages?

HMC976:

Can I short RDx to VRx to get 1.2V output? The datasheet says Vout 1.8V to 5.1V, is this because it's been tested only in this range or is it because of stability due to the loop gain?

Is there an input UVLO at around 3.3V?

I see the resistor values TempCO is specified but what about their accuracy? (not just the ratio accuracy but each resistor accuracy)

Integrated noise is specified from 100Hz to 100KHz at 5V. Do you have measured integrated noise specs from 10Hz to 100KHz?

I see a graph of Drop-out voltage at 5V, No much data at other voltages, is the drop-out load current dependent? Any other datapoints available (3.3V Output for example). I assume the graph shows typ numbers, is there a max guaranteed/tested? what about at other voltages?

Similar questions for the HCM1060.

Thanks,

LucaV

Outcomes