AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADuCM350 evaluation board questions

Question asked by hochschild@msn.com on Aug 4, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 6, 2014 by emoloney

The application is to develop a product for overnight screening for sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing for use in the home by untrained users. After helpful email comments from Eoghan, and using the EKSP, I have been able to detect repeatable magnitude and phase differences between inhalation and exhalation using two chest electrodes energized by the EKSP at a fixed frequency of 50 kHz. Now I need to move beyond the EKSP.

1. Instead of one measurement per mouse click as for the EKSP, my requirement is to record approx. 20 readings/sec continuously overnight. Does software/firmware exist for continuous monitoring or will I have to write my own?
  2. Regarding the board's AFE, I'm frankly baffled by the resistor networks and complexity of the connection diagram on page 17 of UG-668. Currently, I have the two chest electrodes connected at the upper pins of links 3 and 4 of the 'Switch Mux Config Board' (having removed those links). This works, but should I have modified the link pattern or used other pins? Do I ultimately need the 'Switch Mux Config Board' at all? In short, my question is how best to connect the two chest electrodes.
  3. Where on the board can I access the varying magnitude and phase outputs for continuous recording and display?
  4. I would like to provide a continuous rolling graphical display of magnitude and phase on a Windows tablet to check for proper operation. I have access to LabVIEW, but wonder if what I need already exists.

Many thanks,

Richard

hochschild@msn.com

Outcomes