AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 RX EVM vs. Interferer Power

Question asked by rpmarchand Employee on Jul 30, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 by tlili

Hello,

I am looking at the datasheet for the AD9361 and i am trying to reproduce the figures on figure 8,9,35, 56, and 57.  My current testing shows about 8-10dB worse in performance which might be my board or my test setup.  I'd like to be able to confirm with you the test setup and conditions upon which these figures were measured.  I am running this in the WiMAX bands at 5.5GHz. 

We used two Agilent ESG generators for the wanted and the interfering signal, we captured this on our board the received signal and captured the data.  We played it back on the Agilent VSA with 89600 software. Halfway through the interferer level range (w.r.t. “RX EVM vs. Interferer Power” plots) the  VSA could no longer synchronize and decode the signal.

Could you describe to me your test setup, including test equipment that you used to make these measurements in the datasheet?  Is this done with the FMC card AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ?  I'd like to be able to re-create these measurements, if even with the FMC board to understand where i might have gone wrong in my design.

Thanks!

Outcomes