I have followed the Quick Start Guide Section 3 of ADV7513 Programming Guide and Section 4.2.9 Fixed Register must be set.
I wrote a VHDL code to program ADV7513, I did not read all register but I did check some important register such as x041 should be x"1'0 to power up the device etc ..
- write 0x10 to register 0x41
- write0 x03 to register 0x98
- write 0xE0 to register 0x9A
- write0 x30 to register 0x9C
- write 0x01 to register 0x9D
- write0 xA4 to register 0xA2
- write 0xA4 to register 0xA3
- write0 xD0 to register 0xE0
- write 0x00 to register 0xF9
- write0 x30 to register 0x16 -- 8 bit input RGB, ID = 0 no style needed: simple "ramp" input for each RGB component
- write0 x00 to register 0x17
left the register 0xAF alone using default (DVI mode).
There is nothing fancy about input video, just a "ramp" model i.e. 8 bit counter value for each RGB "color", I'm confident that I2c programming is correct as I struggled a week ago Sasa has helped to sort out the address issue.
Anyone has worked on this please give advice, I just want to bring up the hardware for other to develop the application, but the Del PC screen said "No DVI-D Cable, The display will go to Power Saver Mode in 5 min. ..."
Should I program 0x02 to register 0x17 to use HDMI mode ? or HDMI 2 DVI cable is not appropriate ? etc ? Why there is no signal to monitor even I powered-up the chip (programmed register 0x41,an i2c _read shows value of 0x10 x041 = 0 power up with HD pin tied to logic '1'.