AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hand held device for "tuning/equalizing" a live band

Question asked by Elements.Instruments on Jul 11, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 by jon71

I would like to request that this discussion remain confidential as it exists between myself and anyone willing to participate.  Thank you.

i am looking to develop a specific device for use by musicians in live music venues.

The device is a hand held gauge with a digital display that would allow a user to view decibel levels and frequency values of a live band (rock band, jazz band, etc) in real time.  The dB and frequencies will be read by an analog/stage microphone (Sure SM57, for example).  While reading these levels in real time, i would like the device to have preset EQ setttings (rock, jazz, R&B, etc) that could be superimposed over the real-time dB and frequency values.  The EQ settings would be stored in a digital library, within a computer, inside of the hand-held gauge.  There would be a range of EQ settings that could be superimposed over the real-time dB and frequency data that would be specific to certain instruments and band configurations.

This is the general idea.  I need help putting together the hardware necessary to achieve a device capable of doing these things.  Can you help?  Thanks

Outcomes