AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD2S1210 Resolver to digital. Configuration

Question asked by Koldo on Jul 10, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2014 by Koldo

Hello:

It is the first time I have to configure this driver and I don´t understand the details of the thresholds configuration. In general I don´t know which are the exact measurements that are compared with thresholds (Vrms, Vp-p, instantaneous voltage...) and I don´t know if these matchings are made in every reading or when the sin/cosine is expected to be at their minimum or maximum values. Specifically these are my question:

1. Related to "Sine/cosine inputs below LOS threshold" fault: Which value of sine/cosine is compared with the programmed threshold?:
    1. Vp-p when the sine/cosine is at its minimum value.
    2. Vrms when the sine/cosine is at its minimum value.
    3. Last Vp-p measured.
    4. Last Vrms measured.
    5. Minimun Vp of the last measured.
    6. Other...
  2. Related to "Sine/cosine inputs below DOS overrange threshold": Similar than former.
  3. Related to "Sine/cosine inputs below DOS mismatch threshold": What is matched?
    1. Maximum Vp-p sin vs maximum Vp-p cos
    2. Maximum Vp-p sin vs previous maximum Vp-p. The same with cosine
    3. Other...
  4. Related to "Sine/cosine inputs below DOS mismatch threshold": If the answer to question 3 is 2, with enough time, although the hardware is perfect, the fault will active. Am I wrong?
  5. Related to "Tracking error exceeds LOT threshold": What is the error? Is it the difference between the actual position and the position measured with the previous cycle of the excitation?

Sorry for the length of this post.

Many thanks and best regards,

Outcomes