AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about ADSP-TS201S Link-port communication

Question asked by sphinx on Jun 16, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2014 by MaheshN

Hello.

I am developing a signal processing board which is built up with 4 ADSP-TS201s.

Now, I am looking up the "ADSP-TS201S TigerSHARC Anomaly List (Rev.Q)" document

provided by Analog Devices in order to solve some issues with link-port communication.

The Anomaly List says as follows :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

49. 03000357 - Link Port LVDS Electrical Characteristics:

DESCRIPTION:
Link ports do not meet the data sheet electrical characteristics specifications.
The data sheet specifications can only be achieved by increasing the link port drive strength from nominal,
as described in the workaround.

WORKAROUND:
To enable link port functionality, all link ports must use increased transmit drive strength.
This is done by setting the test mode strap TM2 to low and adding the following lines to code
before transmitting any data on link ports:

j0 = j31+0x9F01;;
TEST_MODES = j0;;

APPLIES TO REVISION(S):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading the guidelines at the above Anomaly List,

I understood I had two things to do in order to make the link-port work properly.

1. To set the test mode strap TM2 to low.

2. Add specific lines to code before transmitting data on link-ports.

For the first workaround, I added a 500 ohm pull-down resistance to set the test mode strap TM2 low state.

But, regarding the second workaround(adding lines), I don't find where to put the specific lines.

I am developing S/W programs for ADSP-TS201s with C-language under Visual DSP environment.

I have no idea about where I could put the recommended lines

which seem to be like assembly codes in my C-language codes.

Could you give me an idea about "Where to put the specific codes"

or "How to put the specific codes" in my program?

For example, do I have to generate another file or function for Assembly codes including the recommended lines?

Or, do I have to include the recommended lines in my C-program in the form of "Inline Assembly"?

If you could show me how I could add the recommended lines in my C-programs, that would be great help for me.

I will await your reply on my inquiries. Thanks for your attention.

Outcomes