I want to enable HDMI output on a Xilinx Zynq ZC706 board that has onboard ADV7511 part. I saw instructions and read a few question/answers as well. ADI offers some great tools but I guess I need some hand holding initially to get going.
1. I am using Vivado (I can try 2013.2, 2013.4 and perhaps 2014.1 as well).
2. I did get Linux booted on my ZC706 working with a PS only, i.e., no HDL design. I use the Xilinx Linux kernel and Linaro rootfs. Obviously, interaction via UART and ssh. No HDMI output.
3. I saw that the FPGA reference HDL is available at: fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_adv7511_zc706 at master · analogdevicesinc/fpgahdl_xilinx · GitHub but I don't understand how I synthesize this with Vivado. Most importantly, in this path, I see the SDK_Workspace which is for software development but I don't see HDL Verilog files. What am I missing?
4. I looked at the page: ADV7511 Xilinx Evaluation Boards Reference Design [Analog Devices Wiki] but didn't get any tar.gz that might contain the Verilog sources to get a bit file.
5. Any tips to get me started will be greatly appreciated.
Apologies for taking time and asking some such silly/basic questions. Best regards and thanks,