AnsweredAssumed Answered

ERROR: [BD 5-216] VLNV <xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.3> is not supported for this version of the tools

Question asked by psteinke on May 27, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 by robincoxe_adi

How can I fix the ERROR [BD 5-216] in the red text below? I just downloaded the latest repository from git hub today and it fails to build. I compiled the library I thought I needed for fmcomms1-EBZ Rev B, the library being  the axi_ad9643_ip.tcl.

Question 1. when building the library, should I do it from the same tcl command line as the subsequent build of the project, or should I build the  library and then close that Vivado, and open a new vivado tcl command line and build the project?

Question 2. How do I know which libraries I should build for the fmcomms1 project?

Question 3. Why is there no library for the processing_system7:5.3 sys_ps7, and how do I get this IP into the project?

Thanks!

Paul (More below)

C:/Users/psteinke/hdl-master2/library/axi_ad9643

source ./axi_ad9643_ip.tcl

CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-459] IP file 'C:/Users/psteinke/hdl-master2/library/common/up_xfer_status.v' appears to be outside of the project area C:/Users/psteinke/hdl-master2/library/axi_ad9643.

pwd

C:/Users/psteinke/hdl-master2/projects/fmcomms1/zc702

source ./system_project.tcl

ERROR: [BD 5-216] VLNV <xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.3> is not supported for this version of the tools

ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

while executing

"create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.3 sys_ps7"

invoked from within

"set sys_ps7  [create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.3 sys_ps7]"

(file "../../../projects/common/zc702/zc702_system_bd.tcl" line 27)

while executing

"source $ad_hdl_dir/projects/common/zc702/zc702_system_bd.tcl"

(file "system_bd.tcl" line 2)

while executing

"source system_bd.tcl"

(procedure "adi_project_create" line 88)

invoked from within

"adi_project_create fmcomms1_zc702"

(file "./system_project.tcl" line 7)

Outcomes