AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question about my eval boards

Question asked by bberggren on May 24, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 by bberggren

I ordered two eval boards for a filter I'm building, and I was wondering about the op amp pads on both of them. The A board, the High pass single board, is working fine, but my B board, the dual one, is having problems. I'm getting way too much current through the op amp when I try to supply + and - 15 volts, and it's burning them out. One thing that I have noticed is that on the working A board, the +VS terminals connect to different op amp pads than on the B board.  Also, the GND terminal connects to the bottom-right (#5) op amp pad on board B, and doesn't connect directly to the op amp on board A. In the design, it says that I am supposed to use the same op amp for both boards, so I was wondering if this could be the source of my problem. Shouldn't the op amp terminals be the same in both boards?

I've attached pdf of my design, the component list, and a picture of each eval board to try to make things clearer. The picture with the parts already soldered on is the board that I'm having trouble with, the B board.

Anything helps! thanks

-Bryan

Attachments

Outcomes