AnsweredAssumed Answered

MEMS performance specification and validation

Question asked by 1vR on May 22, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 by NevadaMark

Hi!

I send the following questions to analog technical support an I was redirected here. Hope you can help me!

"I'm doing a bachelor degree study on MEMS performance specification and validation. I have a few questions considering your products:

Accelerometers

-How do you define the typical values? For example ADXL350 has ±0.24 mg/C typical 0 g Offset vs temperature (Z-axis). What are the sigma variation limits for typical values or is there any? ±1 sigma perhaps?

-Do all the MIN/MAX specifications represent a mean ±3sigma distribution? (you mention it only for 0g offset vs temp min/max values)

-Is nonlinearity value calculated from bestfit straight line or endpoint-fit line?

Gyroscopes

-Again, how are the typical values calculated and what population do they represent? For example ADXRS450 has sensitivity tolerance of ±3% but there's no mention of the variation limits.

-Does the sensitivity tolerance include lifetime drift and calibration errors, or temperature error only?

Wow, kind of a lot of questions after all.. Hope you can answer them soon and precisely

Thanks in advance!

Br, Iivari Heikkilä"

Outcomes