AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADAU1442 Only works if S/PDIF to I2S output is enabled

Question asked by Olombo on May 18, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 by Olombo

Hello!

now that PCB and everything if finished and working I am stuck with a Software Problem.

For the test setup I have a I2S input on Serial in 3 as slave to clock domain 0. This is want to put trough ASRC, DSP out at any of the 9 Serial outs as I2S again. Additionally MP9 shall switch if Level is detected.

Basically Level detection works and MP9 switched accordingly. BUT there is not data given out! However, if I change "Enable S/PDIF to I2S Output" "Group1 enable" in DSP Register Modes 3; then data output works as it should. Unfortunately the MP9 is then disabled.

The Problem seems a bit weird to me since I do not see the connection between working I2S ind&out and this setting. I just found this as I clicked depressed through all possible registers...

I attach screenshots; maybe someone has an Idea?

Thanks

Ron

The serial IO; All input to CLK domain 0 and outputs with 48kHz Master Clock

serial.PNG

Routing; Input 3 to ASRC. Out to e.g. Serial out 0 from DSP out 0

Routing MAtrix.PNG

Ouf...maybe I something wrong?

SPDIF.PNG

Modes1.PNG

Modes2.PNG

Modes3.PNG

The schematic....depending on the mentioned parameter every part works but the other not at the same time.

schematic.PNG

Hope someone has an Idea why I must enable this SPDIF to I2S thing so that I2S in and out works (what has NOTHING to do with spdif; not even anything connected there...)

Thanks!

Ron

Outcomes