AnsweredAssumed Answered

Color space of HDMI vedio of ADV7623

Question asked by Jacy on May 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 by GuenterL

Dear all,

Talking about the color space of ADV7623, as we know , only HDMI can support color space(RGB, Ycbcr 4:2:2 ,Ycbcr 4:4:4) well.

There is a register HDMI_COLORSPACE[3:0] in RX HDMI Map and my questio is : ADV7623 know the HDMI vedio color spacetyp by four pairs of TMDS signal lines or only theDDC wires or both of them, I mean can it detect only by TMDS signal without DDC lines?

There is a register Y1Y0[1:0]  in TX MAN Map, which is outut format (AVI InfoFrame). If the income HDMI vedio is RGB, and we set the register result of output Ycbcr, and we can see the displayer can not show normal imgae(color space problem). Question is: ADV7623 really can change RGB format color space vedio to Ycbcr(no matter 4:2:2 or 4:4:4) format color space vesio ?

I do a test : I use a blu-ray DVD as vedio source, which can force RGB, Ycbcr(4:2:2, 4:4:4) color space output. However , the readback value of HDMI_COLORSPACE[3:0] is alway equal to 0x00, which indicate the HDMI input is RGB(Limited) format, Three of these format I try , the result are the same.  Further more, I force ADV7623 output Ycbcr(no matter WHAT kind of HDMI input is) and route to another source end of adv7623,  then it's readback value of HDMI_COLORSPACE[3:0] is 0x03.  Hence, I don't know why adv7623 can not detect blu-ray DVD different color space vedio ?

All above testing cable are HDMI cables.

Logic operation should be :input RGB, and we output RGB vedio, input Ycbcr , and we output Ycbcr, right? However, We found ADV7623 can not detect the color space vedio well. Maybe it does can , but what we need to set the adv7623?  Our setting now is Set the LSB of 0x7D of IO MAP, and read the LSB of 0x7a of IO MAP, if it is set, we read HDMI_COLORSPACE[3:0] of RX HDMI Map. Does it correct?

Thanks so much

Regards,

Jacy

Outcomes