AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using AD9467-FMC-250EBZ Reference Design

Question asked by RichB on May 6, 2014
Latest reply on May 15, 2014 by CsomI

Hi All,

I'm working through this reference design project but I'm running into errors:

http://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/fmc/ad9467

I'm using the ML605 development board with Xilinx ISE 14.7. I have some experience with the Xilinx FPGA design flow, but not enough to make it through this setup on my own.

The first thing I did was run the download.bat script that comes with the project. This ran to completion without a problem. I don't have an external clock source to connect to the development board however, so I did not see the teraterm screen shot output that was posted in the tutorial. I assume this is because there is no clock driving the ADC. So I moved on from this part.

The second thing I did was to open the system.xmp project and export the design to SDK. As I understand it, this would generate all the pcores needed by the design without having to use coregen separately. The process ran for quite a while until it error-ed out in the place and route phase with the following:

ERROR:PhysDesignRules:2506 - Incorrect placement for a BUFR component. BUFR

axi_adc_1c_0/axi_adc_1c_0/USER_LOGIC_I/i_adc_1c/i_adc_wr/i_adc_if/i_clk_gbuf in clock region CLOCKREGION_X0Y4 is

driven by a CCIO adc_clk_in_p in clock region CLOCKREGION_X1Y2. The BUFR should be placed in the same clock region as

the CCIO or the CLOCK_DEDICATED_ROUTE constraint should be used on the net

<axi_adc_1c_0/axi_adc_1c_0/USER_LOGIC_I/i_adc_1c/i_adc_wr/i_adc_if/adc_clk_ibuf_s>.

ERROR:Pack:1642 - Errors in physical DRC.

ERROR:Xflow - Program map returned error code 2. Aborting flow execution...

make: *** [__xps/system_routed] Error 1

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Did I skip something that was necessary? Any help is greatly appreciated.

v/r,

Rich

Outcomes