AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need help for part selection

Question asked by hyiu00 on Aug 2, 2010
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2010 by DaveD

Hello,

We are planning to develop a outdoor large screen LED TV panel using the ADI video decoders, but I found that there are many selections.  Please help us to select the proper one.  There are a few questions that I cannot get answer from browsing the web pages:

1. I found that the ADV7441A seems to be the proper one to use, but does it support multiple different formats?  From the datasheet, it says that "As a decoder, the ADV7441A can convert PAL, NTSC, and SECAM composite or S-Video signals into a digital ITU-R BT.656 format. It can also decode a component RGB or YPrPb video signal into a digital YCrCb or RGB pixel output stream. The ADV7441A supports the 525i, 625i, 525p, 625p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 1250i component video standards, as well as many other HD and SMPTE standards".  But what are the "many other HD and SMPTE" standards?  Is there a complete and more detail lists of what can be supported?

2. There is supposed to be a EVM for the ADV7441A, but cannot find too much detail on the EVM, especially on the Xilinx FPGA.  Can customer who purchased this EVM get access to the FPGA and modify its content?

3. Is the ADV7441A a good selection, or there are others that we can use?  We are not too much concern on the unit device cost, but are more concern on the device capability, technical support, tools availability, and lifetime availability of the device.

Thanks!

BR - Henry

Outcomes