AnsweredAssumed Answered

IIO Scope Tool

Question asked by mike.baker Employee on Apr 22, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2014 by rgetz

The Wiki link does not cover all the features of the device. In particular, it is capable of displaying QPSK and QAM signals that have been previously generated and stored as a file. I managed to display trajectories that look like QPSK or 16QAM signals, but I have not accomplished timing synchronization. I presume that the proper choice of Sampling Rate, RF Bandwidth etc. will result in a stable constellation diagram. But the IIO scope does not have a help menu and the wiki does not describe the use of constellation diagrams. Please provide documentation for the full feature set or I can set up a conference call.

Regards,

Mike Baker

Analog Devices, Inc

Message was edited by: Mike Baker I found the file "AD-FMCOMMS2/3/4 Datafiles" that is labeled Work in Progress. It contains links to the Simulink models that generated the QAM data, links to the data itself and links to Simulink files to analyze the received data. For some reason, there is no RRC filter available on the IIO Oscilloscope (there are other filters though). This is the reason why the constellation diagram is blurred. The work around is, to save the received data to a Matlab file and do the final filter and analysis in Simulink. I would like to learn how to design a RRC filter that can run straight on the ZedBoard. The ultimate solution would be to have a tool that does timing and symbol synchronization, RRC filtering and BER analysis all in one tool. Are there any revisions for the IIO Oscilloscope in the planning?

Outcomes