AnsweredAssumed Answered

21369 SPI loader/modified boot kernel - EE345

Question asked by HiBridLP on Apr 14, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2014 by Jithul_Janardhanan

I am attempting to have multiple bootable images stored on a SPI flash that will be selected by an image with the modified boot kernel starting at address 0x00000 on our custom 21369 board. Utilizing the EE345 note as a template, I modified the 'user init' section to accommodate selection of the boot address.

Right now I am just attempting to boot from address 0x20600, which holds our main running image in flash and will boot with the standard boot kernel starting at address 0x00000. While debugging, I see that the SPI DMA process completes when the read is sent to the flash and see the data type, count and destination address DMA'ed from the flash. Once the processor attempts to bring in the instructions the DMA process locks up after it retrieves the first 32 bit word.

The boot kernel works fine if the new section is skipped and will boot the backup image that is located at 0x00600, but will not work if we start at 0x20600. I am looking for any insight as to why the SPI DMA would hang and what I can do to get this image to boot correctly

Thanks,

Mike

Outcomes