AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reference Design under Vivado

Question asked by GregSmart on Apr 8, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 by rejeesh

I have been trying to port the ZC702 and ZC706 designs to Vivado, and I have been following the recent work on GitHub/analogdevicesinc/hdl.

My port is also available on Github/kutusystems.

The reason for my question is that I am getting the same results with both my port, and the port on ADI's repository.  I am mostly working with the ZC706 board, and the ADV7511 design.  What happens is  that linux boots and recognises the devices (spdif and HDMI monitor),but I get no output on the monitor.  I am using the linux build on the quickstart webpage, and I only update boot.bin and the devicetree.  I am using ADI's u-boot as well.

When I run the adi scripts to build your version I get exactly the same result.  All the devices are recognised, but no HDMI output.

From the checkin comments, it seems as if you are not having this problem, and I was wondering if there was anything I need to change?  I had a few issues with the devicetree, so I expect this is where I'm having problems.  Are you able to enlighten me at all to why the HDMI doesn't come up?

thanks,

Greg

Outcomes