AnsweredAssumed Answered

Example programs for ADuC706x don't work on my ADuC7061MKX

Question asked by frada on Mar 27, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 by MMA

Hi all,

I am new to the ADuC family of microcontrollers and to this forum and I am writing here in the hope someone can help me with some hint about the example code for the ADuC7061MKX, available for download here: http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/code_examples/ADuC706x_IARExamples.zip

Studying the code of some of them, I noted that they refer to the ADuC7060 which indeed should be identical to the 7061 except for the pinout (but I am not absolutely sure of this...); in any case, I slightly modified one of those samples (ADC0_RTD, attached to this post) which sends measurement data to the UART, changing all explicit references (target processor in the project properties, included header files, etc.) from ADuC7060 to ADuC7061.

However when I compile the code (using IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v6.50), upload the compiled code to the processor (using ARMWSD) and run it, I obtain only one single character out of the UART on Tera Term on my PC (the 'T' of "Temperature", that is of the first string that the ADuC sends out).

With reference to the main.c source file in the attached code, it seems that the processor doesn't receive the UART interrupt corresponding the condition "TX Buffer Empty", so it remains stuck in the while loop of function send2UART (please note that I inserted this function in the original example to simplify the code, but the behaviour was the same also with the original code)...

My question is: is there someone else that was able to run the above examples on the ADuC7061MKZ?

Any hint will be appreciated.

Francesco - Italy

Attachments

Outcomes