AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADSP-BF609 EZ-KIT Lite with Video Decoder EI3 Extender Board does not detect CVBS input signal

Question asked by peterx03 on Mar 20, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 by Nabeel

Hi,

we'are trying to bring up the CVBS video decoder input using Videolopback example that comes  along with the Video Decoder EI3 Extender Board software.

we use CVBS PAL 576i video sources (camera, DVD player) and the Videoloopback example fails to detect input CVBS signal.

we've degugged the problem and the example fails in ADV7842 driver in the following place:

adi_adv7842_stddef.c, SdpIdentifyVideo(), line 453:

/* Read I/O bank - Reg 0x9C (RAW SDP Status register) */
                eResult = Adv7842TwiRead (pDevice,
                                  pDevice->TwiMap[(uint8_t)ADI_ADV7842_TWI_BANK_IO],
                                  REG_ADV7842_IO_9C_SDP_RAW_STATUS,
                                  &RegData,
                                  1u);

/* IF (Success) */
                if (eResult == ADI_ADV7842_SUCCESS)
                {
                /* IF (SDP detected a valid video input) */
FAILS--------->         if ((RegData & ENUM_ADV7842_IO_9C_SDP_VIDEO_DETECTED_RAW_TRUE) == ENUM_ADV7842_IO_9C_SDP_VIDEO_DETECTED_RAW_TRUE)

The read value of 9C_SDP_RAW_STATUS RegData is 12 which cannot be matched with the expected value (0x1).

As we look in the ADV7842 Spec (UG-206.pdf) the value of 12dec (bin1100) does not reflect the supported bits (bit2 -1-- not marked as supported).

UG-206.pdf excerpt:

===============

0x9C SDP_STD_CHANGED_RAW R
00000000 Raw status of SDP Standard changed signal.
1 - SDP auto detect result has changed

0x9C SDP_BURST_LOCKED_RAW R
00000000 Raw Status of SDP Burst lock signal
1 - SDP is color locked

0x9C SDP_VIDEO_DETECTED_RAW
00000000 Raw status of Video detected signal.
1 - Video detected at SDP input

we've verified the used video sources (camera, DVD player) to provide CVBS PAL 576i signal by connecting them directly to CVBS input of TV.

we've also tried to use component (YPbPr) input and in that case the detection succeeds, however in this case the CP block of ADV7842 is used, so the problems appears to be CVBS input related (SDP block of ADV7842).

Could you please verify on your side if the released VideoLoopback and/or FrameCapture examples are able to detect CVBS (composite) PAL 576i input signal?

please advice on any configuration changes and/or required ADV7842 driver settings changes in order to allow for CVBS PAL 576i detection?

Steps to reproduce the issue:
=============================
1. Open Videoloopback example:: CCES->Help->Browse Examples-> Select Video loopback from video decoder (ADV7842) and video encoder (ADV734x/ADV7511)->Open example
2. modify VideoLoopback_config,h to uncomment define for CVBS input selection
#define DEC_CVBS                              /* Composite input */
//#define DEC_S_VIDEO                           /* S-Video Input */
//#define DEC_COMPONENT_YPBPR                   /* Component Input to receive YPbPr data */
//#define DEC_HDMI_A                            /* HDMI Port A */
//#define DEC_HDMI_B                            /* HDMI Port B */
3. Run/debug the example: CCES->Run->Debug
4. Check the console for output:
ADV7842 Decoder input -> CVBS, UYVY422, No video input detected

HW config:
==========
ADSP-BF609 EZ-BORAD 1.0 (PART NUMBER: ADZS-BF609-EZ-BRD)
Video Decoder EI3 Extender Board Product Rev 1.1   connected to P1A expansion slot of EZ Board
Video Encoder EI3 Extender Board Product Rev 1.0   connected to P2A expansion slot of EZ Board

CVSB input source connected to J7 Composite input of Video Decoder EI3 Extender Board

SW config:
==========
CrossCore Embedded Studio 1.0.2
ADSP-BF609_Evaluation_Board-Rel1.0.3
Video_Decoder_EI3_Extender_Board-Rel1.0.1
Video_Encoder_EI3_Extender_Board-Rel1.0.1

Outcomes