AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 RX Path Tuning Independence

Question asked by tonyd on Mar 19, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 by tlili

One thing I have not been able to discern from the AD9361 is the level of RF tuning independence between the two RX Paths?  Are they truly independent, or do they need to be related to each other in some manner?  Or for true independence, do I need to use 2 AD9364's?

As an example:

Can I tune RX Path 1 to receive a 200 MHz RF signal and RX Path 2 to receive a 3.5 GHz signal simultaneously?  Or would the two frequencies need to be in the same LO divider space (i.e. 3.2 GHZ and 3.5 GHz)?  Or are the two RX paths tied together in the analog side and I can only tune both paths to the same RF frequency?

Also, I would like to confirm that the BB PLL is set independent of the RX LO frequencies, that is I can vary my RX LO frequencies for tuning, but fix my baseband sampling rates.  I would like to be able to "park" my baseband sampling rate at the ADC (i.e. park the BB PLL at 1.0 GHz with a divide by 4 to fix my ADC sample rate at 250 MSPS).  I seem to get this indication from the Control Register description in the Design File Package, but would like to have this confirmed.

Thanks.

Outcomes