AnsweredAssumed Answered

IIO not showing any device for ad9361 (fmcomms2) and zedboard

Question asked by apillai2011@gmail.com on Feb 26, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 4, 2014 by larsc

Hello,

I have installed linux, the programmable logic image etc. following the instructions at http://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms2-ebz . I now have a HDMI monitor connected to the zedboard and installed the IIO oscilloscope. When I start the oscilloscope, however, I do not see any device options in the device selection button in the "Capture" tab. This is despite the fact that the "fmcomms2/3" tab seems to indicate that it is communicating with a device as the hardware gain and RSSI on RX 1 and RX 2 in the Receive Chain box are changing. Also, the "Debug" tag seems to allow me to read values from registers when I select the "ad9361-phy" device in that tab. I tried "Settings->Connect"/"Local Devices". Under FRU infor, it says it found /sys/devices/fpga-axi.2/41620000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0050/eeprom with part number AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ .

I am not sure why I am unable to find any devices in the "Capture" tab. "lsmod" does not show any modules either - don't know if I need to do something special to enable ad9361?

I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Outcomes