AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD9361 eval board problem

Question asked by harryh Employee on Feb 26, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 28, 2014 by harryh

I have an AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ eval board. It came with a Zed Board. When I followed the getting started user guide for the Zynq-7000 all programmable SoC / AD9361 Radio evaluation kit, I got nothing on the screen. When we looked at the SD card, it had nothing to boot from in the root directory. It had a bunch of directories containing the boot.ini versions, and a README.TXT file instructing us to move the contents of the directory corresponding to our selected device to the root directory. (This vital step was missing from the Getting Started Guide.) I can't tell which one I need to load. I picked on of the directories marked "AD9361". This time, Ubuntu desktop boots up and the IIO oscilloscope starts. However, there is nothing on the o-scope screen. The LED labeled DS21 on the AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ is on and very dim.
My questions are:
1) How do I determine which boot image to use?
2) What is the normal behavior for the AD-FMCOMMS3-EBZ board if it is working properly? Is that LED supposed to be so dim?
3) How do I safely shut down the Ubuntu OS? When I point the mouse to the upper right corner and select "Shutdown" it only logs me off - it doesn't shut down.

Outcomes