Our design will be dissipating 1W in the AD811AR (SOIC16-W). What is the best way to keep it cold?
- We have good forced ventilation.
- We could glue a small heatsink on the device.
- But for the PCB mounting and layout - what is the best choice?
- Obviously we will have a ground and power plane and plenty of vias to go there, but the heat will have to pass through the tiny pins.
- We could put a copper layer and a bunch of vias under the chip and put a bit of heat paste underneath - don't know how this will work with reflow though - paste is probably not a good idea.
- The NC pins are noted to be don't-connect, but we could put an extended area pad on each to spread heat. Is that a good idea?
Any suggestions are welcome