AnsweredAssumed Answered

AD7747-EBZ Programming in LabVIEW

Question asked by William_Wilson on Feb 10, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 by EricC

Hello again board,

I am a user of the AD7747-EBZ and I would like to create my own LabVIEW code to collect data from the evaluation board. The evaluation software gives my team a good understanding of what readings we can expect from the CDC, and we would like to design a controller around this device. Eventually we plan to move to communicating directly with the CDC through our own controller. For the time being, however, we wish to write some preliminary code whilst still taking advantage of the nicer features of the evaluation board: the power system, connectors for SMB cables, etc.

As a LabVIEW user, it is clear to me that the evaluation software was at least partially written in LabVIEW, which means that there must be some way of communicating with the evaluation board from the LabVIEW programming environment. Unfortunately, the source code for the evaluation software has been exported in a cabinet installer and so any hope of understanding the USB communications from the software is useless. My question is: How do I get LabVIEW to interface with the eval. board and read data from the CDC?

Thanks for your time,

William Wilson

Outcomes