AnsweredAssumed Answered

Max sample rate for FMCOMMS3-EBZ

Question asked by nlamarra on Jan 30, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 by nlamarra

Following up on the post:

http://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms3-ebz/hardware/functional_overview

I see that the ADC is capable of 640MSPS operation, and from the datasheet, I see that the Rx channel bandwidth is tunable up to 56MHz. 

Q1: is this a dual-320MSPS 12-bit ADC?

Q2: What is limiting the available channel bandwidth?

Q3: Is it possible to utilize the full 640MSPS as a "bare" ADC (perhaps bypassing the FIR, and perhaps as a single channel)?  If not, what is the maximum sample rate that can be captured from this device?

The FMCOMMS3-EBZ board was delivered with a startup SDHC card containing a version of the oscilloscope program "osc", but this appears to limit the allowable sample rate for either channel.  Depending on the answer to my questions Q1 - Q3, could I modify this code to capture the highest possible sample rate (for a single channel)?  I am using it on a ZC702 board, and I have been using the FMCOMMS1-EBZ board on this same setup (at up to 245.76MHz I/Q sample rate for the AD9643 ADC) with a different version of "osc", thus displaying a total bandwidth of 245.76MHz.

Thanks,

Norm

Outcomes