AnsweredAssumed Answered

ADuC 7026 SPI (master) communication problem

Question asked by adi13 on Jan 14, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 by adi13

I'm trying to make my ADuC7026 as SPI master and my slave device is a DDS AD9910 and I'm trying to send it write commands so that it performs my desired operation. I modified the example code given in \keilcodeexamples\spi\master.c so that it initially sends commands to AD9910 to set up 3 wire SPI. But I'm having a problem with this code. When I run this code in debug mode, and view the SPI registers in the peripherals window, i see that the commands 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x02 don't load in the SPITX register one by one. Instead, the SPITX just shows 0xFF all the time when I step-into each instruction.

Do I need to make addition hardware changes/port configuration? Does aduc7026 as master require some sort of acknowledgement from the slave??? Also the CS(bar) on ADuC7026 stays either at 2.4V or 3.3V. Whereas the code mentions that " // slave select will stay low during the all transmission". Do I have to manually tie it to ground? or does the code do this every time it is executed? There is no clock signal on SCLK either.

pls help.

Attachments

Outcomes