AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trouble with No-OS Project for AD-FMCOMMS1

Question asked by rmm92vt on Jan 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2014 by DragosB

I have followed the directions here for building the No-OS version of the AD-FMCOMMS reference design.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcomms1-ebz/quickstart/no_os_microblaze

Doing exactly what is described in the above link results in errors during the SDK build process which are the result of not having the necessary libraries for the ARM prebuilt. After reading through a few vaguely helpful posts on the board I arrived at the following steps which got me closer to a solution but nonetheless stuck at a different spot farther down the road:

1. Grab the latest HDL and software drivers from github (NOT using the links provided in the above instructions):

git clone https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/fpgahdl_xilinx

git clone https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/no-OS

2. Copy the device drivers from the no-OS project into the appropriate HDL design folder as described in the wiki:

cp -rf no-OS/fmcomms1/* fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src

3. Run Xilinx libgen for the ARM core:

cd ....fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/bsp

libgen -hw ../hw/system.xml -pe ps7_cortexa9_0 system.mss

I then opened SDK standalone (execute "xsdk") not from planAhead or XPS - maybe this is an issue too but I was simply trying to follow directions above and it said to open SDK - nothing was said about an XPS or planAhead project. After opening SDK I imported the design directories (bsp,hw,sw) as described in the wiki.analog link and the design started to auto-build. It got this far and then stopped. Any ideas anyone? I figured I'd go ahead and post here while I continue to hunt. Just as a hedge against the possibility that I'm barking up the wrong tree! Thanks in advance for any help.

Bob

Screenshot-C-C++ - sw-src-Common-test.c - Xilinx SDK .png

16:44:25 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project sw ****

make all

Building file: ../src/Common/test.c

Invoking: ARM gcc compiler

arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/AD8366" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/AD9122" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/AD9523" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/AD9548" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/AD9643" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/ADF4351" -I"/home/rmartin/FPGA/fmcomms_no_147/fpgahdl_xilinx/cf_xcomm_zed/SDK/SDK_Workspace/sw/src/Common" -c -fmessage-length=0 -I../../bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include -MMD -MP -MF"src/Common/test.d" -MT"src/Common/test.d" -o "src/Common/test.o" "../src/Common/test.c"

../src/Common/test.c: In function 'dac_dma_setup':

../src/Common/test.c:171:67: error: 'XPAR_AXI_DMAC_1_BASEADDR' undeclared (first use in this function)

../src/Common/test.c:171:67: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

../src/Common/test.c: In function 'adc_capture':

../src/Common/test.c:372:67: error: 'XPAR_AXI_DMAC_0_BASEADDR' undeclared (first use in this function)

make: *** [src/Common/test.o] Error 1

16:44:25 Build Finished (took 411ms)

Outcomes