AnsweredAssumed Answered

Analog switch for low noise DC

Question asked by SLocke on Dec 20, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 by SLocke

A quick search shows that there have been a couple of questions regarding 1/f noise in your switches/multiplexers.  I understand you don't characterize them, but I have an application that requires switching a low noise, low frequency (DC to a few Hertz) signal. 

I'm willing to test a couple of switches to see how well they perform in the application, but AD has a *lot* of switches/multiplexers, so if I could get some direction as to the devices that would be most likely to have low 1/f noise (for instance, based on process), that would be a huge help to start with.

I have +/-12V rails available, but my signal will only be +/-3V or so. Ideally a 2:1 mux is what I'm looking for, but I can obviously fulfill that with some discrete switches if that would provide better performance.  At first glance, I was leaning toward the ADG1419, so if there were any typical measured (or simulated) noise curves for that, it would be a good starting point as well to see if I'm in the ballpark with CMOS switches.

Outcomes