I reviewed the “datasheet of ADV7619”.
Available output modes according to the datasheet are the following.
- SDR 4:2:2 (8/10/12-bit) .. Table 7. Page 16/24
- SDR 4:2:2 (16/20/24-bit) .. Table 8. Page 17/24
- SDR 4:4:4 (24/30/36-bit) .. Table 9. Page 18/24
- DDR 4:2:2 (8/10/12-bit) – clock/2 .. Table 10. Page 19/24
- DDR 4:4:4 (24/30/36-bit) – clock/2 .. Table 11. Page 20/24
- Special SDR 4:2:2 & SDR 4:4:4 (2x16, 2x20, 2x24-bit) .. Table 12. Page 21/24
My application needs to support 3840x1080@60 (8-bit deep).
Therefore, I am going to use a mode which supports 4kx2k@30 (8-bit deep).
I need to to figure out which mode supports 4kx2k@30 (or 3840x1080@60).
By setting OP_FORMAT_SEL[7:0] to 0x54 as shown on page 21/24 of the datasheet, ADV7619 can be in "2xSDR 4:4:4 Interleaved" mode.
Is “2xSDR 4:4:4 Interleaved” the right mode to support 4kx2k (8-bit deep)?
Is there any other recommended mode which supports 4kx2k (8-bit deep)?
By the way, the pinouts of SDR 4:4:4 (2x24-bit) is quite different from the pinouts in the reference design (EVAL_ADV7619_7511_rev1.p1.pdf, page 6/11). Its schematic is attached. The reference design does not even specify the details of the color-signals. It only showed D_Rx0~D_Rx35 & D_3G0~ D_3G11.
Does it mean that pinouts do not have to be specified as R[x], G[x], B[x]?