My custom BF581F board has an external serial flash M25P16-VM3N3TPB.
Using flash programmer utility i am able to load the driver successfully.Manufacture and device ID is read successfully.
After that my test program (tested running program)is also loaded successfully,which is build with following load options.
- Under "Boot Mode", choose "Flash/PROM" for parallel flash or "SPI" for serial flash.
- "Boot Format" is set to "Intel hex".
- "Output Width" is "8-bit" for serial flash.
- "Use default start address" selected.
- "Verbose" cleared (unchecked).
- "Initialization file" is "$(VDSP)\Blackfin\ldr\ezboardBF518F_initcode_ROM-V01.dxe"
My issue is board is not booting from external flash on reset or next power cycle.
Is it a hardware or software problem.
I like to give some ideas on existing hardware.
According to the datasheet of BF18, for external SPI boot, I understand the flash
has to be connected to PG15 (PG15/SPI0SEL2/PPIFS3/AMS3 pin of BF18).
Page 15 of BF18 Datasheet.
In our case the flash is not connected to this pin but connected to a PTP reset.
So will it be a hardware issue or software issue?