I'm working on BF531 custom board. I'm stuck while trying to boot my device from external Flash. I tried simple code for toggling port pin and it worked. But when I want to boot my target application which also has some mapping on external SDRAM it does not work.
I've read and re-read all the application notes from ADI on this, and still unable to help myself with it.
Below are some details of my workign environment:
- VDSP++ version 188.8.131.52
- USB ICE
- custom BF-531 (rev 0.6) board, with external FLASH and SDRAM
Following are the steps that I'm carrying out:
- Create .dxe of my target application in “release” mode
- Use Init Code having proper SDRAM register settings as done in XML file, to generate LDR file to be programmed in flash
>"C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\VisualDSP 5.0\elfloader.exe" -b FLASH -f HEX -Width 16 -init .\Release\Init_code.dxe -o .\release\FLASH_Program.ldr -proc ADSP-BF531 .\Release\target_app.dxe
- Use flash driver to load program in to flash
Flash driver Information:
Name: ADSP-BF538F EZ-KIT Lite driver
Part Description: S29AL008D(512 x 16)
Device Code: 0xda
- Disconnect USB_ICE and power cycle board with correct BMODE settings, to check if the application is running
Points to note:
- target_app.dxe when run from emulator works file.
- I have tested flash programming successfully for smaller applications where I have toggled pin when the code was mapped to external SDRAM as well.
- I am working with BMODE = Boot_From_Flash
I suspect that there is something that I'm missing while linking target application with Init_Code as the code size while generating LDR file.
Any input in this regard?
I saw many others facing the same problem while working with BF53x devices, however I didnt not get answer to my problem in any of the replies who have already posted questions before.