AnsweredAssumed Answered

adau1761 on zedboard - bare metal. I cannot build the SDK project

Question asked by ksl on Nov 17, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2013 by DragosB

Hi,

I am trying to enable adau1761 on zedboard without any OS.

I refer to this link.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/kc705/adv7511#downloads

I notice that the hardware project (ie. XPS project) has the necessary hardware block axi_i2s_adi to control adau1761 device + the I2C interface util_i2c_mixer to handle the I2C interfacing with the adau1761. I can build the project which seems to work fine.

Now I am trying to build the codes to initialize the adau1761. I am referring to this same link

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/fpga/xilinx/kc705/adv7511#downloads

but I just cant seem to build the project as recommended in the link.

1) Is this the correct project to look at to enable the ADAU1761?

2)  In the files that I downloaded, I see the source files and not the SDK project directory as specified in the link.

As you see, there is one part on the page which says

"

In the Import Projects window select the SDK_Workspace folder as root directory. After the root directory is chosen the projects that reside in that directory will appear in the Projects list. Press Finish to finalize the import process."

I only can find the source files not the project, when I try to build the SDK project myself, I get errors saying that it cannot find functions like this. wondering if you could kindly advise me on this.

Building target: test2.elf

Invoking: ARM gcc linker

arm-xilinx-eabi-gcc -Wl,-T -Wl,../src/lscript.ld -L../../test_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/lib -o"test2.elf"  ./src/cf_hdmi.o ./src/main.o ./src/transmitter.o   -Wl,start-group,-lxil,-lgcc,-lc,end-group

./src/main.o: In function `APP_DriverEnabled':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:90: undefined reference to `HAL_GetMBSwitchState'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:92: undefined reference to `HAL_GetMBSwitchState'

./src/main.o: In function `APP_PrintRevisions':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:107: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxGetChipRevision'

./src/main.o: In function `main':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:163: undefined reference to `HAL_PlatformInit'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:183: undefined reference to `HAL_GetCurrentMsCount'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:187: undefined reference to `ATV_GetElapsedMs'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/main.c:189: undefined reference to `HAL_GetCurrentMsCount'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `TRANSMITTER_HardwareInit':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:135: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxInit'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:138: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxEnableTmds'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:141: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetAvmute'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:145: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetOutputMode'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:148: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetInputPixelFormat'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:156: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetOutputPixelFormat'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:160: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetCSC'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:164: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetAudioInterface'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:169: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetEnabledEvents'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:170: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetEnabledEvents'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:176: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxEnablePackets'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `ADIAPI_TransmitterGetDetectedMode':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:206: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxGetHpdMsenState'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `TRANSMITTER_MonitorAvrMode':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:294: undefined reference to `ATV_GetMsCountNZ'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:298: undefined reference to `ATV_GetElapsedMs'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `ADIAPI_TransmitterMain':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:320: undefined reference to `ATV_GetElapsedMs'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:324: undefined reference to `HAL_GetCurrentMsCount'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:327: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxIntPending'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:329: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxIsr'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `ADIAPI_TransmitterSetMuteState':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:368: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxMuteAudio'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:369: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxMuteVideo'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:374: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxMuteAudio'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:375: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxMuteVideo'

./src/transmitter.o: In function `TRANSMITTER_NewEdidSegment':

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:471: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetOutputMode'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:476: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_TxSetOutputMode'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:510: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_MwEdidEnableDebugMsg'

D:\temp\zed_test\cf_adv7511_zed\SDK\SDK_Export\test2\Debug/../src/transmitter.c:511: undefined reference to `ADIAPI_MwEdidParse'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** Error 1

please advise if you can help me on this.

thanks

Chris

Outcomes