AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restarting SE for ADM1069

Question asked by cellery on Nov 15, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2013 by cellery

I'm having trouble getting the Sequence Engine for the ADM1069 to restart once I've programmed the SE and configuration register EEPROM.

Essentially the goal is to run a script that can take an unprogrammed ADM1069 and program it and restart the SE without having to cycle the board power.

I followed the guidelines from the App Notes for erasing/programming the EEPROMs but i can't get the ADM1069 to load the EEPROM into the RAM without power cycling the board.

The steps I'm doing are as follows:

Writing 0x01 to register 0x93 //Halt the sequence engine

Writing 0x05 to register 0x90 //Enabling block erase

Performing block erase followed by block write for address 0xF800-0xF89F,  0xF900-0xF9FF //Write to configuration registers

Performing block erase followed by block write for address 0xFA00-0xFBFF //Write to sequence engine

Writing 0x01 to register 0x90 //Disabling block erase and setting continuous update to config regs

Writing 0x01 to register 0xD8 //Loading eeprom values to latch A

Writing 0x00 to register 0x93 //Start the sequence engine

So after my script runs the power sequencer just sits in the reserved state and never goes anywhere. Is there something that I'm missing? I tried doing an SMBus jump and reloading from EEPROM but it has no effect on the ADM1069. I know it writes to the eeprom correctly because it works after power cycling the board and checking the eeprom from the super sequencer software matches the hex file that I produced from the software originally.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Ellery

Outcomes