AnsweredAssumed Answered

Loading Static data to SDRAM using the Emulator

Question asked by LilyP on Jun 10, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2010 by jeyanthi.jegadeesan

Hi,

I have designed a custom board with the  ADSP-21369, and currently working on the firmware for the board.

I am trying to figure out how to load static data into the SDRAM using the JTAG Emulator.

This works on the dev kit but but I don't understand how to change the setting to make it work with my custom board. The SDRAM on the custom board is mapped to bank 0 instead on bank 2 and I also have a different core clock and therefore a different SDCLK.

I have been reading on the forum about init code, but I don't understand how that mechanism works. Is there any documentation on this that I could read, or are there any examples for the shrac that are available?

I am also experiencing a weird problem with my SDRAM. The SDRAM works perfectly if I only map user defined variable like uart and adc buffers to it, but if compiler generated SWITCH variable get mapped the program crashes as soon as it tries to access the SWITCH variable. For now I am avoiding the problem by mapping only the large buffer to there own section by using the section("name") command, and keeping the rest of the variable in internal ram.  Any ideas to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lily Pustovyk

Outcomes