AnsweredAssumed Answered

This is in reference to AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ

Question asked by manish@hal on Nov 1, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2014 by tlili

In our application(Power Amplifier Linearization) we operate in the frequency range 225-400 MHz. In this regard we are considering to use AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ board in combination with ML-605 FPGA Development Kit.

As per the datasheet of AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ, the board could operate form 70MHz-6GHz. In the documentation it was mentioned that the board is built/tuned to operate in the frequency range 2400-2500 MHz. It was recommended to change T101-T104 balun transformers with other part numbers for operation in the band less than 800 MHz.

Does Analog Devices provide the modified board with the required changes in 225-400 MHz band? If not, we request you to mention all the required modifications to be made on the kit for operation in 225-400 MHz.  We are going ahead for procurement for 2 No’s

1. On transmitter side of AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ evaluation board  what the ways by which I can convert differential ended to single ended.

2.  can I use AD9548 clock generation/distribution IC at REF_CLK input port as external clock without any other modification when connecting to AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ board beacude this AD9548 IC is used in AD-FMCOMMS1-ENZ board so according to tha AD9351 datasheet may i use AD9548 IC directly with AD-FMCOMMS2-EBZ.any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

Regards,

MANISH SINGH

DESIGN ENGINEER

HAL

HYDERABAD.

Outcomes